Spheria Australian Microcap Fund
About the Fund
The Fund is an actively managed portfolio, investing in a broad range of microcap companies predominantly from Australia with the objective of specifically seeking out securities where the present value of future free cash flows can be reasonably ascertained and the security is trading at discount to its intrinsic value, subject to certain risk criteria.
The objective of the Fund is to outperform the S&P/ASX Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index over the medium to long term by investing predominantly in listed companies which are outside the top 250 ASX listed companies by market capitalisation and companies listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange with an equivalent market capitalisation.
Investing in the Fund offers investors a range of benefits:
- Focus on cash generative business models – Spheria is a fundamental based investment manager with a bottom-up focus.
- Team experience – the investment team of Spheria has over 50 years experience investing in equities.
- Potential for higher growth – microcap companies generally have more potential for growth relative to large companies as they may be in the early stages of development or are providing new services or technologies.
- Open-minded, holistic thinking – Spheria assesses businesses with a broader view, noting that global parallels are important in a technologically evolving environment.
- Risk aware – risk is central to Spheria’s thinking around portfolio construction and investment not merely an after-thought.
- The Spheria Australian Microcap Fund received a ‘Recommended’ rating from Zenith Investment Partners (February 2019). Disclaimer.
|BENCHMARK:||S&P/ASX Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index|
|HOLDS BETWEEN:||20-65 stocks in Australian & New Zealand listed securities|
|SUGGESTED INVESTMENT TIMEFRAME:||3 to 5 years or more|
|MANAGEMENT FEE:||1.35% p.a.|
|PERFORMANCE FEE:||20% p.a. of outperformance above the benchmark (after base mgt fee). High watermark, paid half yearly|
|RESPONSIBLE ENTITY:||Pinnacle Fund Services Limited|
|IOOF Pursuit||Premium Choice|
|IOOF Portfolio Service||uXchange|