Spheria Global Microcap Fund
About the Fund
The Fund is an actively managed portfolio, investing in a broad range of global microcap companies with the objective of specifically seeking out securities where the present value of future free cash flows can be reasonably ascertained and the security is trading at discount to its intrinsic value, subject to certain risk criteria.
Investment Objective The Fund aims to outperform the MSCI Kokusai (World ex Japan) Microcap Index in AUD (Net) over the long term. This is achieved by predominantly investing in global listed microcap equities (predominantly securities with a market capitalisation of US$1.0bn and below at time of purchase).
Investing in the Fund offers investors a range of benefits:
- Focus on cash generative business models – Spheria is a fundamental based investment manager with a bottom-up focus.
- Team experience – the investment team of Spheria has over 50 years experience investing in equities.
- Potential for higher growth – smaller companies generally have more potential for growth relative to large companies as they may be in the early stages of development or are providing new services or technologies.
- Open-minded, holistic thinking – Spheria assesses businesses with a broader view, noting that global parallels are important in a technologically evolving environment.
- Risk aware – risk is central to Spheria’s thinking around portfolio construction and investment not merely an after-thought.
|BENCHMARK:||MSCI Kokusai (World ex Japan) Microcap Index in AUD (Net)|
|HOLDS BETWEEN:||Approximately 30 to 80 securities at any time|
|SUGGESTED INVESTMENT TIMEFRAME:||7 years|
|PERFORMANCE FEE:||20% of the difference in the Fund’s return (net of management fees) relative to its benchmark return multiplied by the net asset value of the Fund.|
|RESPONSIBLE ENTITY:||Pinnacle Fund Services Limited|